วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 20 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Is a New Language Difficult to Learn?

Learning a new Language is like learning a new way of thinking. You immerse yourself into a new culture and even traditions of foreign people. You learn to speak and write in a different way from your mother tongue of which causes no escape from the eventuality of thinking differently as well.

Is a new Language difficult to learn? Yes, it could be difficult at times, but most of the times it is easy. There is one condition. You must love the Language you'll be learning. Loving to do something makes the experience a heck a lot of easier. It's no different with Languages.

Now, there is one very important aspect to pay attention on. It's about the method you're using to learn a language. If you're in school and you're learning a new language, you won't make it. In my experience, when I was a student, most of my peers didn't learn German. And some of them didn't even learn English.

I believe that self teaching is the foundation of learning everything. Think about it. The best things in life you learned...did someone teach you these things? I think not. So, in my opinion, the best method to use is to spend 90% of your time self-teaching.

The next thing I hear all the time is...WHERE TO START? Oh, gosh, not again. OK, I've spend months and months trying to realize where to start and I found it by accident. It's called Pimsleur. Period. I know some of you now are saying: "Huh, Rosetta Stone or Tell me More is better". Let me tell you something, tell me More is a not totally appropriate for beginners.

If I have something to recommend to a beginner, then it would be to start with Pimsleur, and then go with Rosetta Stone. And even THEN try Tell me More. That's the perfect way to go.

And last but not least, the most important thing in learning any language is to master the art of DOING. Forget about procrastination. If you don't practice, you are never going to learn a language.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น